Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa (DENOSA) Bursary 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
DENOSA Bursary – The Democratic Nursing Organisation of South Africa (DENOSA) was founded in 1996 and are currently the largest nursing trade union in South Africa. DENOSA have more than 84 000 members and are aimed at trade union and professional development training of nurses.
ABOUT THE BURSARY – DENOSA Bursary
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the Nursing field. Bursaries will be awarded for post-basic undergraduate courses, post-basic diploma courses, short courses and bridging courses.
The bursary award will only cover a small portion of tertiary expenses, therefore students are required to have funding for the shortfall.
ELIGIBILITY – DENOSA Bursary
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- A fully paid-up member of DENOSA for at least the past 2 years,
- A fully paid-up member of DENOSA for the upcoming academic year (in which the bursary will be awarded),
- Remain a fully paid-up member of DENOSA for the entire duration of the bursary award.
- Registered midwife/ nurse,
- Completed approved post-basic work,
- Registered to study at a tertiary institution,
Post-basic undergraduate courses (at Technikon/ University):
- Studying towards a Nursing bachelors degree,
- Completed a minimum of 6 courses/ half of the courses,
Post-basic diploma courses:
- Completed at least half of the courses (for course of more than 1 year),
- Listed with the South African Nursing Council,
- OR can motivate how this course will improve their nursing career (if not listed with the SANC),
- Completed the first year of study.
HOW TO APPLY – DENOSA Bursary
The latest application form can be downloaded from: http://www.denosa.org.za
Alternatively, application forms can also be obtained from:
The Secretary, DENOSA Study Fund Committee, P O Box 1280, Pretoria, 0001
DENOSA Provincial Offices (addresses can be found here: http://www.denosa.org.za/Contact_us.php?id=366)
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Proof of tertiary registration,
- Post-basic undergraduate courses: proof of completed courses (on tertiary letterhead),
- Full academic record (from tertiary institution).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Post: Secretary, DENOSA Study Fund Committee, P O Box 1280, Pretoria, 0001
CLOSING DATE – Available bursaries for January 2017
31 January annually.
CONTACT – Available bursaries for January 2017
For any bursary queries, please contact: