IAHET Bursary South Africa
Imam Abdullah Haron Education Trust (IAHET) Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
IAHET Bursary South Africa : The Imam Abdullah Haron Education Trust (IAHET) was established in 2005 in memory of the late Imam Abdullah Haron, killed in police detention in 1969 after fighting against the Apartheid regime.
Since its inception, the IAHET has provided over R1.5 million of funding to deserving tertiary students.
ABOUT THE BURSARY - IAHET Bursary South Africa
The IAHET bursary is aimed at students of all races, genders and religious beliefs. Bursaries will be awarded to students enrolled at tertiary institution, in all fields of study.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen or legal immigrant,
- Enrolled at a tertiary institution in South Africa,
- Studying towards a tertiary qualification,
- In financial need.
HOW TO APPLY - IAHET Bursary South Africa
The latest application form can be downloaded from: http://www.iahet.com/bursary.php
Please include the following documents in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Foreigner must submit an Immigration Certification,
- Matric certificate or latest results (certified copy),
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Academic transcripts (on tertiary institution letterhead) (from second and third year students),
- Proof of parents/ household income,
- Motivational letter written by student in support of bursary application.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be posted to:
Imam Abdullah Haron Education Trust
PO Box 44506
18 March annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Fatiema Haron Masoet
Tel: 083 367 8176