University of Venda Bursaries 2017-2018
Students who wish to apply for financial assistance must do so as soon as possible. A National Means Test for NSFAS loans will determine the amount payable by each student. The expected family contribution will differ for individual students, depending on his/her unique circumstances.
The National Means Test will take the following into consideration:
- Academic performance during the year.
- Annual family income – supportive documentation needs to be submitted in this regard.
- Actual cost of study for the academic year.
Applicants will know about the outcome of their applications by the second week after reopening for the first term. Students whose applications are not successful should register with the normal initial amount payable by all other students.
For more info visit http://www.nsfas.org.za
Browse through the bursaries below;
- Upon cancellation of registration a student must submit a formal application to the Deputy Dean, Executive Dean or Registrar in the relevant form which must be completed and duly signed. Students who fail to comply with the above procedure will be held liable for the full outstanding fees, finance charges and collection cost in the event of legal action. The date of cancellation will be the official University date stamp reflecting the date of receipt of the cancellation form.
- Fees will be refunded to students or sponsors only if the student’s account is in credit.
Note : Refunds must be requested in writing, with proper explanations. Credit balances on Student accounts will be refunded only on written request.
(a) Students who wish to cancel their registration for a course/s for any reason whatsoever must notify the office of the Registrar immediately in writing on the official cancellation form, failing which the registration shall be treated in terms of paragraph(c) below.
Cancellation forms, which are available from respective School officers, must be completed in triplicate.
(b) Students who wish to vacate the hostels must notify the Hostel Superintendent immediately in writing.
(c) Students failing to cancel courses and /or residence remain responsible for the full fees for that particular academic year.
(d) Registration fees, late registration fee and SRA levy will under NO Circumstances be refunded.
- Year and first semester courses/modules
3.1 Cancellation of courses within 60 days (From the first day of the first term) a student will get 100% refund on tuition. Note that a refund is not calculated on the basis of amount paid, but on the amount payable for the year.
3.2 Cancellation of courses between 60-90 days, 50% refund.
3.3 Cancellation of courses after 90 days, NO REFUND. (The full amount is payable).
Talk to us directly! --> Ask a Question