University of the Witwatersrand Check Application Status
Welcome to Wits
1. Firm Offer Status
- If you have written matric or an equivalent school leaving qualification last year, you will receive an SMS in January 2016 shortly after the results are announced, confirming your Firm Offer, if you have been offered a place. The University has place for approximately 6200 first year students and we have received over 70 000 applications.
- Please access https://self-service.wits.ac.za to view your status.
- You must accept the offer via SMS or on Self-Service within 3 days to secure your place. Should you not do so, the offer will be withdrawn, and the place will be offered to another student. NO telephone or email acceptances can be made and you may only accept one offer.
- You may find that you have been placed on a waiting list/deferred status for your program. As decision making is an ongoing process, we will monitor the situation on a daily basis and notify you via SMS or on self-service once a firm offer is made.
2. Log In Information
- Please note that to login to the self-service portal, access https://self-service.wits.ac.za using the following details:
Student ID = Person Number
Password = date of birth in YYMMDD format.
Talk to us directly! --> Ask a Question